Sawyer Robot – Introducing the Smart, Collaborative Robot for Manufacturing
Sawyer is a new breed of smart, collaborative robot from Hahn Group. Sawyer redefines how robots will be used in manufacturing around the world and presents a low cost, flexible automation solution to businesses.
Sawyer is a revolutionary high performance smart, collaborative robot designed for machine tending, circuit board testing and other precise tasks which other robots are just not suited for.
Sawyer is different from any other cobot as it has the following unique features:
- Safety fully compliant CE certified
- Embedded vision system with head & wrist (cognex) camera
- Force feedback, patented series elastic actuators
- Ease of use, no programming knowledge required
- 7 degrees of freedom just like the human arm
Small Package, Big Performance
Sawyer is faster, lighter, stronger and more precise than Baxter. Cleverly designed to be able to operate and reach in smaller spaces, Sawyer can work side-by-side with human co-workers in a smaller space. With a 7 degree of freedom arm and an impressive 1260 mm reach Sawyer can manoeuvre into the tightest of spaces which opens up a whole variety of new applications.
Improved Vision System
Sawyer features a new embedded vision system, with a head camera for wide view applications and a Cognex camera in its wrist that can support many complex vision tasks. With the Cognex wrist camera and Robot Positioning System, rapid re-deployment and dynamic re-orientation takes even less time, and with many more features being added Sawyer will only keep on improving.
Sawyer Robot – Technical Specification
- Weight (Without Pedestal): 19 kg (42 lbs)
- Payload: 4 kg (8.8 lbs)
- Degrees of Freedom : 7
- Maximum Reach : 1260 mm
- Repeatability : 0.1 mm
- Actuation: Series elastic actuator and Harmonic Drive, with optical encoder
- Force sensing: High-resolution force sensing embedded at each joint
- Embedded Vision: Wide field camera in the head and Cognex camera with built-in light source in the wrist for precision vision applications
- Software: Intera 5, regular software updates add new ground breaking features
- IP Rating: IP54
- Expected lifetime: 35,000 hours (5 years)
- Safety Approvals: Internationally Accredited Certifications
Want to find out more?
Please give our automation team a call now for an evaluation of your potential for using robots or to see how they improve your profitability.