Skip to: main navigation | main content | sitemap | accessibility page
Client: Bradgate Bakery, Samworth Brothers.
Sector: Food & drinks processing.
Application: Triangular sandwich picking, packing and inspecting.
Problem: High density labour dependency and high overheads.
Solution: Automated guarded industrial robot cell integrated with existing Trepko machinery to:inspect accuracy of diagonal cut and integrity of filling and assembly before erecting into upright position; receive and rotate sandwich halves180° before placing into skillets; and accommodate temporary mismatches in throughput between consecutive processes.
– Two robots: KUKA Agilus Hygienic Machines
– Two Keyence machine vision systems
– Two Auto-reject systems: one for misaligned sandwiches and the other for poorly erected skillets
– Patented twisted conveyor designed and built by Active8 Robots
– Bespoke food grade stainless steel rotating end of arm tooling designed and built by Active8 Robots